October 18, 2005

Nixon Has Knee Surgery

Not a whole lot of news ...

Trot Nixon underwent arthroscopic left knee surgery Friday.

Tony Massarotti writes that there "have been recent indications" that Mike Timlin could sign a deal for 2006, but fails to tell us what any of those indications are. ... Adam Hyzdu was released, and Jeremi Gonzalez, Chad Harville, and Mike Stanton were designated for assignment. Pitcher Edgar Martinez was added to the 40-man roster.

ESPN's Jayson Stark notes that David Wells (who lost a 4-0 lead in ALCS 2) has never lost a regular-season game in which he had a lead of four runs. Over his 19-year career, Wells is 135-0, with 16 no-decisions. ... Of course, Orson could have blown a four-run lead and received a no-decision or been lucky enough to have his team rally. Still ...

1 comment:

DanM said...

I am glad that Trot is in first thing after the season (time enough for a family visit first) to get his surgery completed. On to the rehab now. Too bad this is three years running that health has adversely affected his career - makes you wonder a little, eh?

Look at the list of pitching moves already! I bet there is nothing but talk about pitching behind the stadium seating at this time of the season!! I hope to hear some exciting news this winter - especially around the winter meetings in December.

A good buddy from Boston pestered me all season long lamenting that winners in the post season are blessed with 3 things: pitching, pitching and pitching. I assured him the antidote for other team's pitching is found in three things: hitting, hitting, and hitting. Well, now you can color me a renewed adherent to my friend's lamentations. While I know that pitching has always been important - a drink of last years bath water made a dope of me and my hopes.

Wait until next year ...

Hey Redsock - thanx for running this blog - its great!