June 5, 2008

Damon Against Joba Move: "I Like Winning"

John Harper, Daily News:
You can feel the concern creeping into the Yankee clubhouse. ...

Don't think Chamberlain's move to the rotation isn't being second-guessed in the Yankee clubhouse. ... I get the impression that if players voted by secret ballot, there would be a strong majority to send him back to the bullpen. ...

I asked Damon point-blank if he would have kept Chamberlain in the bullpen.

"You know what?" he said with a smile. "It's not up to me. But I like winning ballgames."

It doesn't mean the Yankees have a mutiny in the clubhouse ... But it could mean the front office, at least for the moment, has stolen a bit of belief from its own players.

1 comment:

Jack Marshall said...

If Meat-Head thinks its a bad move, then its probably sound.