November 22, 2014

Curt Schilling, Creationist

Barry Petchesky, Deadspin:
Heavy-tweetin' ESPN baseball writer Keith Law has been noticeably silent for the last couple of days. That's no coincidence — he's been given a Twitter timeout by ESPN, and we're told that it's for loudly and repeatedly defending Charles Darwin from transitional fossil Curt Schilling, his Bristol colleague.

Schilling, the former pitcher who rejoined ESPN as a baseball analyst in September after eight months away to deal with mouth cancer, took to Twitter on Nov. 12 to rail against evolution and in favor of creationism.
An earlier link: Curt Schilling Has Disproved Evolution

I'm a little scared to look too closely at this "debate".

(Though, as usual, the Deadspin comments on both articles are top notch.)

5 comments:

allan said...

His son is also a bit of an idiot.

FenFan said...

"Are you trying to say that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

laura k said...

I've also disagreed with Schilling's lame opinions, but he at least sounded like he had a brain in his head. Now I learn he's just a bleeding eejit.

laura k said...

"I did once see a workhorse evolved into a jackass."

FTW!

allan said...

I have heard from various SoSHers that his Facebook is at times a cesspool of racist anti-Muslim rants/links. (I have not gone and checked it out myself.)