August 23, 2013

G130: Dodgers 2, Red Sox 0

Red Sox - 000 000 000 - 0  2  0
Dodgers - 000 200 00x - 2  3  0
Hanley Ramirez's two-run home run was the difference. Time of game: 2:07.

John Lackey (8-3-2-0-6, 97) pitched a complete game, and was the hard-luck loser. In the fourth, former Sock Carl Crawford singled and stole second before Ramirez went deep. Crawford singled in the sixth for LA's third hit of the night.

For Boston, Dustin Pedroia singled with two outs in the first and Stephen Drew singled with one out in the fifth. There were no walks on either side.

The Rays beat the Yankees 7-2, so Boston and Tampa Bay are once again tied for first place.
Example
John Lackey / Ricky Nolasco
Ellsbury, CF
Victorino, RF
Pedroia, 2B
Ortiz, 1B
Saltalamacchia, C
Nava, LF
Drew, SS
Middlebrooks, 3B
Lackey, P
Clay Buchholz may pitch for Lowell (A) on Sunday.

Will Middlebrooks is 15-for-34 (.441) with three doubles, two home runs, six walks, and seven RBIs since being recalled from Pawtucket.

Dodgers outfielder Carl Crawford: "I want to win all three games. Bad."

Josh Beckett talks about his last days in Boston.

Ryan Braun admits using PEDs. Whatever.

5 comments:

Jake of All Trades said...

I live 6.3 miles from Dodger Stadium. We left home at 6 to go to the game. Got to Elysian Park (the road into the stadium) at 7:50 (yes, nearly 2 hours later...after finagling working from home to be "near" the stadium at game time) and were waved in by the traffic cops. At 8:10 we reached the parking entrance booths and were told that parking was full and we had to park elsewhere. Police were just beyond the parking booths making sure people turned around and left vs. trying to sneak in. We miraculously found a (free) parking meter spot about a mile away, but realized it was already the 7th inning so making the walk wasn't much worth it. We watched the last few innings at a bar with tix in my pocket :(.

I know LA traffic has a reputation, but in my 14 years here I have never seen anything like this. And the way the Dodgers handled (or did not handle it) was ludicrous. We literally lost 30 minutes driving up (and back down) the hill to learn parking was full when we could have been told than on the main drag. We missed the whole game as a result. I later read that the lot was short ~1000 spaces to set up for the fireworks show after the game. WTF?!?!

(I know LA traffic has an exaggerated reputation, but this was the worst I've ever experienced. For perspective, I've always made it to Anaheim (33 miles away) in less time...)

I can't remember the last time I was this angry. I want to boycott Dodger Stadium -- but can't start before Monday since I already have tix for the next 2 games. Is missing the Sox worth making a statement?:

9casey said...

You already paid for the tickets. What statement would you be making? Take a cab or a bus.

laura k said...

I know LA traffic has a reputation, but in my 14 years here I have never seen anything like this.

It's hard to be prepared for something that hasn't happened in at least 14 years.

Since you live less than 7 miles away, and the problem is parking, a cab seems like a good idea. Maybe take a cab to a certain spot then hike the rest of the way.

Wasting your tickets seems like a not-good idea.

Jake of All Trades said...

Thanks for tolerating my late night angry rant. Solution was to show up when the gates opened at 11. Skipping the game was never a real option. Let's go!

Dr. Jeff said...

Biking in L.A. can be sketchy (I used to live north of the stadium in Eagle Rock) but you could bike 6 miles in about 30 minutes...

Friday traffic in L.A.--grim.