January 8, 2008

Yankee-Giuliani Fans Somewhat Clueless

Kenneth Lovett, New York Post:
BOW, NH - Some Rudy Giuliani volunteers bused here from New York City struck out as they went door to door in advance of Tuesday's Granite State primary while wearing caps or jackets of the hated New York Yankees.

"Some people really don't think," said a person with knowledge of the situation.

"You're in the middle of Red Sox Nation wearing stuff from their enemy. It's absolutely ridiculous.

"Can you image if people were running around The Bronx in Red Sox hats?" he added.

Giuliani reps didn't immediately return calls for comment.

Giuliani, a longtime Yankee fan, raised eyebrows in his home state this fall, after the Bronx Bombers were eliminated from the playoffs, when he said he would root for the hated Red Sox to win the World Series because they are an American League team.

9 comments:

mugro said...

This is hilarious!

If someone came to my house wearing a Yankees' cap, my trust level in them starts at zero. Really. No kidding. And I am not alone.

For many years during my early childhood, I associated the yankee insignia with the Nazi swastika. I can certainly tell them apart now, but my knee jerk reaction when I see a Yankees' insignia is the word "bad".

Having Guiliani supporters campaigning in Yankees' hats is going to be a much bigger negative than anything positive that supporter could say about him in Red Sox Nation.

Unbelievable!!!

gojohn said...

I wonder how this will affect the NH election results.....?

GK said...

Being here in NH I can tell you this.....
Rudy's chances in NH have been next zero for the of last few weeks.
So Yankee caps really "help" Rudy
I never thought I could say this but one should thank the yankee fans' GOTV effort or may be Get-Out-of-my-Way (GOTW) effort.

Zenslinger said...

Priceless!

Sarah Haendler said...

That's brilliant! Thanks for pointing it out, I needed a good laugh.

Jere said...

Did you know there's someone on YouTube, from Canada, who posts Ramones videos, named "LyndonRedSox"? (It says he joined last February, and I'm pretty sure I was here when L came up with the LBJ nickname, and it was during the '07 season...but for a second I thought either it was Allan or at least a JoyGalaxy memeber.)

allan said...

I'm pretty sure I was here when L came up with the LBJ nickname, and it was during the '07 season

It happened early in a Jays game on September 3. And I'll take credit for the name, thank you very much!

At 6:53, L wonders about Ellsbury having a name besides "my boy".

ish suggests "Blur" five minutes later and L also says she's not so keen on Jere's "& Myers".

At 7:11, I suggest:
laura's boy jacoby
l-b-j
"lyndon"?

Jere: "Now you're speakin' my crazy language!"

L: "Lyndon, I love it! But others may not like me being so possessive."

s1c: "Lyndon is good but why not keep it just LBJ?"

L: "Oo, fine with me!"

***

A historic night. Crazy game too!

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for Hillary-Barack-Edwards in a Yankee cap 10,000x before I'd vote for Rudy-Mitt-John in a Red Sox one.

Some things are just more important that who your favorite teams are.

laura k said...

I'd vote for Hillary-Barack-Edwards in a Yankee cap 10,000x before I'd vote for Rudy-Mitt-John in a Red Sox one.

Smartest words I've heard today.

Even smarter than "my boy Jacoby".