March 7, 2012

Cherington Chats at SoSH

Red Sox GM Ben Cherington answered a handful of question during a chat at Sons of Sam Horn this afternoon. His answers begin here.

Some encouraging words re Daisuke Matsuzaka:
Daisuke is doing very well and progressing in his rehab. He's been throwing off a mound for some time now. We expect he'll be facing hitters by the end of the spring and we'll then build his pitch count up in April and May. We're not going to put a timeline on it but we are optimistic he will be able to help us by mid-season. We'll see where we are when Daisuke is closer to returning to the Majors but inevitably there will be a need for a pitcher at some point and Daisuke is working very hard to put himself in a position to help us.

1 comment:

allan said...

David Robertson, the Yankees' all-important setup man to Mariano Rivera, is out with a sprained right mid-foot. Robertson was moving empty boxes at his house in the St. Petersburg area Wednesday night, took a misstep and fell while walking downstairs, according to Yankees manager Joe Girardi. X-rays taken this morning were negative. ...

"I just misjudged a step and kind of rolled over it and instead of falling real hard, I just kind of collapsed my whole body and tried to keep it off my foot. My wife [Erin] was like, 'What are you doing down there?' She saw me laying there, holding my foot. I was like, 'I fell.'" She was like, 'Are you serious?'"