March 9, 2005

Red Sox On Magazine Covers

Coming to a newsstand near you: Johnny Damon on the covers of Sports Illustrated's baseball preview, Entertainment Weekly (with "Fever Pitch" stars Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore) and the current Sports Illustrated for Kids. ... The cover of The Sporting News's baseball preview issue will feature Curt Schilling and Jason Varitek will adorn the cover of ESPN Magazine.

Wakefield makes his second start this afternoon, against the Marlins. Damon, Mark Bellhorn, Jay Payton, McCarty, Kevin Youkilis and Mirabelli will make the trip to Jupiter.

In his Yankee debut, Randy Johnson pitched two innings against Atlanta, throwing 36 pitches and getting slapped with the loss. His fastball hovered in the low 90s. ... After throwing three scoreless innings last Friday, Dodger Derek Lowe threw four more bagels in his second spring start.

Orlando Cabrera, to the Herald's Howard Bryant: "Win three, lose three, win eight? Incredible. ... We were down 3-0, and they scored like, 20 runs on us. Anybody else would have been like, 'OK, let's go home.' I had my family telling me, 'Let's buy a plane ticket, 'cause we're going home tomorrow.' And I said, 'This shit isn't over.' ... I got to play on the greatest team in the history of the Red Sox. My name is there. And I'm really proud of that. Tell everyone I say hi."

No comments: