February 16, 2007

Rivera Asked About Sox

A New York Post reporter asked Mariano Rivera if he might be the Red Sox's closer in 2008.

"You never know."

Derek Jeter: "Mo ain't going nowhere. Mo will be right here next year. Where is he going to go? I am just kidding. I really don't know his situation."

Jeter may have been joking, but he might want to have a quick chat with David "Pedro Ain't Going To No Mets" Ortiz.

In other MFY news, Steve Swindal, George Steinbrenner's son-in-law and designated successor to run the EE, was arrested at 4:26 AM on Thursday for suspicion of driving under the influence.

1 comment:

laura k said...

David "Pedro Ain't Going To No Mets" Ortiz.

First thing I thought of too.

I can't even think of Mo in a Red Sox uniform. I get too excited, and most likely for nothing.