September 25, 2004

A Myth That Should Not Be Perpetuated. George Vecsey of the New York Times sees the light: "Back in 1986, hours before the sixth game of the World Series, I wrote an early-edition Sunday column that toyed with the concept of some cockamamie curse involving Babe Ruth and the Red Sox. ... [It] was the first time anybody had ever written about a curse involving Frazee and "Nanette" and Ruth. ... All I can say is that I don't want to be a part of the Frazee legend. My chronology about "Nanette" was wrong. I never read Fred Lieb. I had no glimmer of any ancient anti-Semitic link to Frazee ... Enough. ... Free Harry Frazee."

According to MLB, the Red Sox ALDS schedule will be:

Game 1: Tuesday, October 5
Game 2: Wednesday, October 6
Game 3: Friday, October 8
Game 4: Saturday, October 9
Game 5: Sunday, October 10

No comments: