April 28, 2007

Lester Doing Well On And Off Field

Jon Lester made his fourth rehab start last night. Pitching for Pawtucket against Buffalo, Lester threw 84 pitches in five scoreless innings, allowing three hits and no walks. He struck out six, topping 94 on both his first and last pitch of the night. Only one Buffalo batter reached second base. Lester is scheduled to pitch again on Wednesday.

On Thursday, Lester went in for his three-month checkup at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. "Everything was normal. I just go three months at a time. As far as I know, the first year [checkups are] every three months. ... I don't know what the progression is. I just know in five years, they consider you cured."

1 comment:

9casey said...

I hope they bring him back at Fenway so he gets the regoniton he deserves......

Good For Jon and his family....