December 1, 2004

Political Stuff. I encourage everyone to go here -- and go back every other day or so. An excellent source of news.

I expect to hear noises about a draft of some sort next year. And while the US military is stretched paper-thin even now, I don't see the need for a general draft. Bush received more than 60,000,000 votes in the November election. If only 10% of those people volunteered to support their Commander-in-Chief, that would mean an additional six million new troops -- way more than the roughly 135,000 soldiers in Iraq right now.

Look at the list of US troops killed in Iraq (now at least 1,255). The range of ages is 18 to 59 (though most casualties have been 19-22). I'm sure that the vast majority of Bush voters are between 18 and 59 years old, so I see no excuse not to fill out an enlistment form. Right war, right time, right place -- isn't that what those people voted for?

No comments: