July 31, 2005

Manny: "I'm Here To Win. I'm A Gangster"

Quotes from the AP:
I want to be with this team and win another World Series. ... I'm just here to play and win. I'm a gangster. I'm still here. I'm here to win. I'm here to help this team win for 2005. ... It's good I'm getting the day off, but I'm here. If they need me, I'll play.
From the story: "In a bizarre scene -- even for the ever-tumultuous Red Sox clubhouse -- clubhouse clown Kevin Millar led Ramirez into manager Terry Francona's office before the game against Minnesota and said Manny had decided to talk. While Millar mock-translated from Ramirez's easily understood English into gibberish, Ramirez said he had no problem with Francona, his teammates or the fans."

From Idiots to Gangsters?

3 comments:

Earl said...

Don Orsillo reports that the Red Sox PR Department told them the Sox made no trades today. Thank goodness.

Earl said...

After writing that, I'm thinking, "thank goodness?" All this Manny stuff has dominated the news...but the Sox need pitching help. Oh well.

(Manny with a PH RBI! Perfect.)

laura k said...

"While Millar mock-translated from Ramirez's easily understood English into gibberish..."

I'd like to have seen this.