September 8, 2007

Cabrera: "They Said Bad Things"

It was more than just a dance off third -- Coco Crisp was going to try to steal home.
Not too many guys go to a full windup when I'm at third base. I've never stolen home, but I was going to right there, if I'd had another step. But it wouldn't have happened because he stepped off. I was thinking about it because he wasn't looking at me. I don't know if he forgot about me over there or didn't think I was going to go.
Crisp did not have to run, as Daniel Cabrera balked him in -- and then threw a pitch behind Dustin Pedroia's head.

Cabrera said he did not lose his temper.
They said bad [expletive]. They were talking [expletive] from the other side and that's something I don't like. I didn't lose my temper, I didn't lose nothing. The ball slipped out of my hand and after they started getting off the bench and say bad things.
Pedroia:
The guy's an idiot. I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He's good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks].
Jon Lester has allowed two or fewer runs in three of his last four starts. Last night's victory was Boston's 13th shutout of the season.

Lester:
Today was probably the best I've felt, just mechanically, all year. ... It's been a progression this whole year, strength-wise. It feels like the past couple of times I've gone out there, I've been able to repeat my delivery a little more and have my legs under me.
Tito:
The way the ball came out of his hand ... his cutter ... that's the best I've seen him.
While Lester is unbeaten in his last 11 starts (dating back to last year), he has a 5.55 ERA over that time.

Kevin Youkilis set a new American League record for consecutive errorless games at first base with 179. Steve Garvey holds the major league record with 193. ... Manny Ramirez may begin hitting off a tee as early as Sunday. ... Eric Gagne is scheduled to throw a side session today. ... Outfielder Brandon Moss will play first base for Santiago in the Dominican winter league. ... Kevin Cash also was ejected from last night's game.

9 comments:

CaKeY said...

lol Pedroia!

tim said...

Pedroia's great.

Missed the game, just watched the replay of that half inning, what a tard.

And ytf was the orioles manager carrying on to the umpires like that

nick said...

Pedroia's comments are straight outta the profile article circulated before.

I'm still amazed at seeing Taverez up there talking to Cabrera...I'd love to know what he said.

JFett said...

Outfielder Brandon Moss will play first base for Santiago in the Dominican winter league.

Really makes me think this season will be the last for Lowell in Boston. It would sure save them a lot of money to put Moss at 1st and Youk back over to third. Always tough because I love to see the home grown talent work their way up to the big league, but I also love to keep the hard working professional players (I still miss Bill Mueller).

Anyway, just read that line about Moss and it made me excited for him and a little sad for Mike.

laura k said...

I'd love to know what he said.

"I'm tellin' you, man, I know what you're going through, I've been there. You gotta get on these meds, they're amazing..."

But in Spanish.

laura k said...

the hard working professional players

That would be the whole team.

Rob said...

Fricken A-Rod. 50th dong. (First right-handed hitter in major league history to hit 50 or more home runs in a season.) 4-0 mfy

Allen said...

Maybe no one will come down here to see this, but I doubt that Moss learning 1B is the death knell of Mike Lowell in Boston: It's more likely that it downgrades the chances of an Eric Hinske return from "are you MFY-kidding me?" to "Who is Eric Hinske?"

allan said...

Another smaller part of this -- maybe they really do want Moss to play first, even if it only increases his trade value -- could be sending a message to Lowell that the team is making plans to move on, so if you really want to stay, don't ask for too much.