August 28, 2004

More Scare Tactics. A sinister plot to bomb a New York City subway station? Maybe not. No verifiable connection to any terrorist organization, no explosives, no timeline and the two men arrested were not even working together. ... Republicans urge Bush to avoid talking about Iraq at the convention -- you know, 'cause of the 972 dead Americans, the billions of our tax dollars that are unaccounted for and stuff. ... Also: "Under growing pressure to ship Marines to Iraq, the Marine Corps is cutting in half the rigorous field combat training it gives units preparing to deploy, senior officers say."

The White House is stonewalling a FOIA request for records detailing administration contacts with the Swift Boat Veterans. But the Bush Gang has steadfastly maintained it had no contact, so there are no records to hide, right? Information and links regarding this bullshit are here and here.

What Would Dukakis Do?: "How [Kerry] allowed two Vietnam dodgers turn a war hero into a question mark with hardly a rebuttal suggests that he may be in way over his head in this campaign. ... There is no excuse for the Kerry campaign to have been so ill-prepared for the Bush garbage machine. It is has now been previewed in multiple campaigns over the last two decades, and a devastating preemptive strategy should have been implemented months ago."

Ben Barnes: "I got a young man named George W. Bush in the National Guard [in 1968] when I was Lt. Gov. of Texas and I'm not necessarily proud of that. But I did it. And I got a lot of other people into the National Guard because I thought that was what people should do, when you're in office you helped a lot of rich people. And I walked through the Vietnam Memorial the other day and I looked at the names of the people that died in Vietnam and I became more ashamed of myself than I have ever been because it was the worst thing that I did was that I helped a lot of wealthy supporters and a lot of people who had family names of importance get into the National Guard and I'm very sorry about that and I'm very ashamed and I apologize to you as voters of Texas." Video of Barnes.

Two articles that lay out logically how Bush has failed. The Seattle Times, which backed Bush in 2000, explains its endorsement of Kerry. More simply, he is incompetent.

No comments: