December 6, 2006

Lester Says He's Cancer-Free

Great news:
Jon Lester threw a baseball Monday afternoon. For the first time in months, the Red Sox lefthander threw cancer-free.

Lester said Tuesday that a CT scan last week revealed he is cancer-free, less than four months after being diagnosed with anaplastic large cell lymphoma, a rare form of blood cancer. Lester, 22, said he expects to report to spring training with the rest of the Red Sox pitchers and catchers Feb. 16 in Fort Myers, Fla.

"Everything's gone well," Lester said on a conference call from Seattle. "I just had my fifth [chemotherapy] treatment on Thursday and they did the CT scan and all the scans they needed to do and they found that I was cancer-free. I've got one more treatment Dec. 21 and I'll be done."
Also: Globe, MLB, ProJo and Herald.)

2 comments:

thatdietcokegirl said...

that is such good news :)

allan said...

welcome back, suzy.