March 17, 2016

Clay Buchholz (And Johnny Damon) Endorse Donald Trump

No one has ever accused former Red Sox outfielder Johnny Damon of being the sharpest bulb in the drawer. And his latest comment will not likely make anyone reconsider their opinion.

Damon: "I want (Trump) for president. I'm a Trump fan ever since I met him seven or eight years ago. Everything he does, he does first-class — his hotels, his businesses, his golf courses. The issues all the other politicians failed to discuss, (Trump) is bringing us up to speed. ... If (Trump) needs me anywhere, I'll be there. He's a good friend."

[His golf courses are tidy and well-watered? Well, that's certainly a ringing endorsement to be the leader of the United States. Damon also mentioned being a supporter of The Wall - and I don't mean the Pink Floyd album.]

Sadly, Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz also wants Trump to be president. (It turns out Trump introduced Buchholz to his wife.) "He says what a lot of people think and don't say. I like that part of him. I'm not really into politics, but I'm watching a lot more now. He's been awesome to me. He says what's on his mind, which is why he's accomplished so much in his life. I always found him to be a good-hearted person. ... He speaks and everyone listens."

What is this obsession with liking people because they say "what's on their mind"? I know I'm going Godwin, but Hitler and a thousand other evil people also spoke their minds. It should be obvious to any rational adult that it's not always an admirable trait.

1 comment:

laura k said...

He says what a lot of people think and don't say.

Indeed.