April 24, 2022

Bill Burr On NESN: Canadians "Try To Act Like They're The Best White People"

I'm not sure I can be friends with Bill Burr anymore.

Ol' Billy Breaking Balls expressed respect for Derek Jeter during Tuesday's Red Sox game.

On the plus side, though, he ragged on Canadians (after being incredulous that Torontonians could be mean) and insulted what I really hope is a NESN sponsor.

Burr will be the first comedian to perform at Fenway Park when he does a show on August 21.
Burr: I gotta tell you, Toronto talking trash really kind of lit a fire. It's really bugging me.

Kevin Youkilis: Oh, they got some rough fans, too, up at the Rogers Centre now.

Burr: Toronto?

Youkilis: Oh, they get nasty. In that bullpen.

Burr: Toronto? . . . 

* * *

Burr: Toronto, actually Canada in general, is low-key hostile. You know what I mean? They try to act like they're the best white people. And it's like, dude, there were people here before you, so get off your high horse. . . . Oh, I got a vitamin water! Who drinks this stuff? You guys advertising on that – look at that. What – that looks like a dirty pool.

Youkilis: It's electrolytes.

Burr: Are electrolytes even real?
Burr is just old enough (b. 1968) to do a decent Looie impression.

2 comments:

allan said...

You'd be surprised at how many times I write a post, save it as a draft, and then realize a few days later that I never posted it.

laura k said...

He is dead-on about Canada!