October 25, 2019

MLB Umpire Rob Drake Apologizes For AR-15/Cival War Tweet



Umpire Rob Drake issued an apology for his now-deleted tweet (posted at his now-deleted Twitter account) in which he vowed to purchase an assault rifle if Donald Trump ("MY PRESIDENT") was impeached. Drake warned that impeachment could well trigger "ANOTHER CIVAL WAR".
I want to personally apologize to everyone that my words made feel less safe. I especially want to apologize to every person who has been affected by gun violence in our country. I also acknowledge and apologize for the controversy this has brought to Major League Baseball, my fellow umpires and my family. I never intended to diminish the threat of violence from assault weapons, or violence of any kind. ... Once I read what I had tweeted I realized the violence in those words and have since deleted it. I know that I cannot unsay the words, but please accept my sincerest apologies.
Now that is an actual apology. ... The Astros could learn a thing or two from Drake, who might also consider investing in a dictionary.

I say "person with a grudge threatening to murder scores of Americans with a machine gun", the MLB Umpires Association says "passionate individual [who] chose the wrong way to convey his opinion". Tomato, Tomato. (And there are numerous videos online offering convincing proof that Drake is far from "an outstanding umpire".)

Drake did not mention anything about his Birther and anti-Hillary Clinton tweets or the sexually explicit tweets his account linked to.

Also: I have discovered there is a site called magamedia. It posted a four-sentence Drake "story" that ended with this: "[Drake] has since described his account since the leftist mob started calling for his firing."

The word "described" should be spelled "deleted". Why is every single one of these English-Only morons unable to spell simple words in their own language?


2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

As an apology it beats the dreary and disingenuous 'I'm sorry if anyone was offended.'

But "I never intended to diminish the threat of violence from assault weapons, or violence of any kind..." sounds pretty disingenuous too, given the original tweet with its talk of semi-automatic weaponry and internal revolt against Congress' Constitutional actions.

laura k said...

Also: "Once I read what I had tweeted..."

Call me old-fashioned, but aren't you supposed to do that before you tweet?

I say "person with a grudge threatening to murder scores of Americans with a machine gun", the MLB Umpires Association says "passionate individual [who] chose the wrong way to convey his opinion".

That's his union. They're doing their job. But you can be sure they forced him to issue that groveling statement.