March 2, 2008

Schilling Says Sox Open To Surgery

Curt Schilling told Rob Bradford yesterday that the Red Sox may be amenable to having Schilling undergo subpectoral biceps tenodesis surgery:
I met with Mr. Werner and Mr. Lucchino and we talked. I think potentially on their end there was some discussion in pursuing some of the options I might have been interested in pursuing 6-8 weeks ago. But it's 6-8 weeks later and the time frame and window of opportunity has changed dramatically. I'm pretty much at the point now where I have one choice now for this year.

The hard part now is what do I do now, if four weeks from now I can't throw and I'm in pain? ... I'm not sure what's going to happen.

2 comments:

Bartman said...

Surgery in the Spring?? Isn't that a November kind of thing for baseball?

Jack Marshall said...

I hope Schilling has the surgery. Then the Sox can make talent decisions with the assumption that he's lost---if he comes back, its a gift. I think its likely that we've seen the last of Big Schil on the mound, anyway.