September 21, 2006

50

David Ortiz on #50:
It means they're going to remember me for a while. It's a great feeling to be right next to a great player, a superstar, just like Mr. Jimmie Foxx was. To be right there with him is a wonderful feeling. ... I was very excited. At one point it felt like I just hit a walk-off.
The MRI on Manny Ramirez's right knee revealed no evidence of a stress fracture. And Amalie Benjamin of the Globe couldn't resist getting a shot in:
And not long after yesterday's MRI revealed no structural damage, the left fielder appeared in the clubhouse with his teammates. Nothing much had changed in his demeanor -- or walk -- just as nothing much had changed with the revelation that there was no stress fracture ...
(For another example of piss-poor reporting at the Globe, check out Nick Cafardo's recent whopper here.)

Julian Tavarez told the Courant's David Heuschkel that Ramirez is done for the season: "Take my word, I know. If he has one more at-bat, I'll give you one thousand dollars."

Kevin Youkilis (neck spasms) will likely miss a few more games and Wily Mo Pena (right quad) says he may play this weekend. ... Old Hickory was back on the beat.

No comments: