September 6, 2006

Papelbon Has Fatigued Shoulder

The MRI on Jonathan Papelbon's right shoulder showed nothing worse than fatigue. ... No amputation? Well, that's a sweet reversal of the kind of news we've been receiving for the last five weeks.

Pap:
They started reeling off all these doctor terms. Subluxation pushing out and this and that, and I tried to pay attention, but obviously you know I didn't go to school to be a doctor. I was listening for 'tear', and I heard no 'tear.' Basically that's all I was worried about, no tear in my rotator and no tear in my labrum.

I'm pretty positive that I will [pitch again this year], I'd like to think that I would, yeah. But if I can't, I'm not going to push it by any means.

2 comments:

Peter N said...

SWEET. Oh so sweet. See you next spring Jonathon. And not before!

allan said...

Francona said pretty much the same thing, that while they are desperate to win games, they will not do anything this month to put his career at any kind of risk.