April 9, 2011

Doubront Activated, Reyes DFA

Felix Doubront has been activated from the disabled list (sore elbow), taking the roster spot of Dennys Reyes, who was designated for assignment.

Terry Francona:
We love Doubront. ... I know it was a short leash with Dennys, but we need to try to win some games. ... I've wanted [Doubront] to be in the bullpen. I love him in the bullpen this year. I think, eventually, he will be a starter for us, but I was hoping he would be in our bullpen the whole time. I think he fits there very well.
Reyes pitched in four of Boston's first five games, and had a decent outing only once. He faced 10 batters altogether, allowing two hits, two walks, two hit batsmen, and three runs. Reyes has agreed to go to Pawtucket if he passes through waivers unclaimed.

2 comments:

lougorman'slunch said...

Of course it is more important than me mocking it. I did not think I was even slightly suggesting any importance to my comment.

In any case, it is also more important than anyone saying anything about it after the fact, no?
To my mind, this story is more funny than anything else and well worthy of a little mockery. It seems like good, wholesome fun to find this at least a tad bit absurd.

laura k said...

Is this on the wrong thread? I think it's in response to something I said, but I don't know where.