October 2, 2018

Everyone Loves A Contest #23: 2018 Postseason

Will I ever get rid of this Bill James book? I think this is my third (or maybe fourth) attempt to have someone win the damn thing.

Guess the exact number of postseason runs scored by the Red Sox and I will send you a previously-owned copy of This Time Let's Not Eat The Bones: Bill James Without The Numbers (published in 1989).

Contest entries must be emailed to me and include the following two items:

1. # of runs the Red Sox will score in the 2018 postseason
2. Tiebreaker: Most pitches thrown by a Red Sox pitcher in any 2018 postseason game

The winner's runs scored total must be exact. The tiebreaker winner, if needed, will be the closest guess, either over or under.

Blog Post Bonus Content: I found a copy of The Bill James Baseball Abstract 1983 yesterday. If someone wins the contest outright, he or she will get both books. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker winner will choose one book. The tiebreaker loser will get the other book.

Please note the somewhat early deadline: Friday, October 5, 9:00 AM.

Good luck to everyone ... especially the Red Sox ... and (as always) fuck the Yankees.

No comments: