July 6, 2006

G83: Red Sox 12, Devil Rays 5


Manny Ramirez hits a 2-run bomb in the first, Doug Mirabelli (solo) and David Ortiz (two-run) both go deep in the fifth, then Ortiz bops a grand slam to cap a six-run in the ninth. (In the #9 spot, Alex Gonzalez singled, doubled and tripled.)

The Red Sox had a 5-1 lead in the fifth, watched Tampa close it to 6-5 in the seventh, then pulled away by sending 11 men to the plate in the ninth.

The Yankees also won, 10-4, in Cleveland, so Boston's lead stays at 3 GA.

***

Tim Wakefield (3.90) / James Shields (4.39), 7:15 PM

3 comments:

San Francisco Red Sox Fan said...

a happy grand salami

allan said...

As Ortiz walked to the plate, I said to Laura, "Ooh, I gotta get my salami ready!"

:>)

Then I posted this picture in the SoSH Game Thread (after the HR).

***

2 of 3?

No. I wanna grind Ozzie's face into the dirt. ... We sweep!

laura k said...

As Ortiz walked to the plate, I said to Laura, "Ooh, I gotta get my salami ready!"

And when you're done, don't forget to post a pic for Ortiz's home run, too. :)